Joy has over 20 years experience in the dental field with a background in dental hygiene. Her orofacial myology training was approved by the International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM). Patients will be provided with a program that helps correct the low rest posture of the tongue, re-train facial muscles and improve chewing, swallowing and speaking.
Treatment usually consists of a team approach that may include general dentists, pedodontists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, periodontists, allergists, ear, nose & throat specialists, pediatricians, sleep medicine specialists, & speech-language pathologists and most importantly the parent or caregiver.
- Children, teens and adults can receive therapy.
- Evaluations for tongue & lip tie assessments and provide appropriate referrals for treatment.
- Provide therapy and support thumb sucking cessation.
- Location of therapy office is in Tinley Park, IL and Worth, IL.
- The hours are by appointment only but flexible helping to accommodate busy schedules.